Welcome to The Strategy Game website. This website showcases the first demo version of The Strategy Game, a game of skill for one or two players. This demo game is on the theme of football (soccer) and is called ‘Goalscorer’ .
IMPORTANT – You need Adobe Flash installed on your computer to play this game and to see game tutorials.
If you simply want to learn how to play the game just read the following text shown in bold. The remaining content on the website is further information about the game and its development.
Get playing straight away by clicking on the image to the right to open a new browser tab to play the game so you can refer to the following Quick Rules as you play:
- In the demo game you play with the white counters and you have the first turn. Computer plays with black.
- You need to score more goals than your computer opponent to win by capturing (landing on) its counters. Only counters showing football shirts (first teamers) can capture an opponent’s counters.
- Your turn consists of 2 moves, a youth player move and a first teamer move. The squares you can move to are shown in red in this demo game. Just click on the counter you want to move then click on the square you want to move it to.
- Build a stronger team by getting your non-first teamer counters (youth players) to the last line of squares (opponent’s goal line) on the opposite side of the board (pitch) to become first teamers.
- A youth player’s first move as a first teamer (called its first team debut move) can have serious consequences for your opponent and its move depends on its number. You can bring on your substitute instead if it has a better first team debut move.
- Get your Star Player to your opponent’s goal line or capture you opponent’s Star Player and you score 2 goals and the game ends. The Star Player is the only counter on your team without a number.
- You take a risk when capturing your opponent’s youth counters as you can’t see their identities and their starting positions change in every game, but the same is true for your opponent. You could score a goal, or two goals if you capture your opponent’s Star Player. The counter you capture could also result in an Offside (not good) or Penalty (even worse). Play the demo game and see what happens.
The Goalscorer strategy game was originally developed as a variant to classic games such as Chess and Draughts/Checkers. A basic free play demo version of the game is shown on this website.
The version of the game shown on this website is based on football (soccer if in the US), although the game template can be adapted for other sports.
Let us know what you think by completing the Player Survey. Before you do it’s important to learn how to play the game first and play it a few times. If you don’t beat your computer (AI) opponent first time you should do before long as the AI ‘isn’t the sharpest tool in the box’.